Credit Card Number Validator (CCNV) is a Custom SSIS Data Flow Transformation Component that determines whether the given input is a valid credit card number or not. CCNV takes String/Numeric input and performs a Synchronous, Non-Blocking transformation using Luhn Mod 10 algorithm and validates whether the input is a valid credit card number or not. The output is true if the input is a valid credit card number and false otherwise. CCNV08 is compatible with SQL Server 2008 while CCNV05 is compatible with SQL Server 2005. Contnue Reading
Custom SSIS Components consists of Design-time methods and Run-time methods. Debugging a Design-time method is different from a Run-time method. This post explains the techniques to debug Design-time and Run-time methods using the Custom Data Flow Component, Credit Card Number Validator as an example.
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) provides a wide range of out-of-box components to perform almost any ETL task. In addition to out-of-box components, the object model of Integration Services allows you to create re-usable custom components. Different types of custom components can be developed, including:
- Custom tasks.
- Custom connection managers. Connect to external data sources that are not currently supported.
- Custom log providers. Log package events in formats that are not currently supported.
- Custom enumerators. Support iteration over a set of objects or values formats that are not currently supported.
- Custom Data Flow Components. Can be configured as sources, transformations, or destinations.
In this post, step-by-step instruction is provided to create a Custom SSIS Data Flow Component called Credit Card Number Validator (CCNV). This component validates Credit Card Numbers using Luhn Mod 10 Algorithm. There are two versions of this component available for download from CodePlex:
- CCNV08, which is SQL Server 2008 version of Credit Card Number Validator – download
- CCNV05, which is SQL Server 2005 version of Credit Card Number Validator – download